It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 2007 RHD Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:00 pm 

2007 RHD Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - 10,000 Euros

French registered with French Cart Gris, LHD Headlights (fitted by Jeep), New CT 09/04/2015, only done 56694 Miles (91240Kms).
Grand Cherokee Overland Finished in Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Metallic with Medium Slate Grey Leather and Light Greystone Alcantara Overland Embossed Upholstery, This car is fitted with the superbly smooth, quiet and very powerful 3.0 (215bhp) Mercedes engine with Auto/Triptronic Mercedes Gearbox, Full Service History, Dual Zone Climate Control, Air Conditioning, Electric Tilt/Slide Sunroof, Full Screen Satellite Navigation including 6CD player mated to the Premium Boston Acoustic speaker system ,18 inch 10 Spoke Overland Alloy Wheels, Electric Memory Heated Seats, Walnut Trimmed Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, 8 way electric adjustable driver’s seat, 4 way electric adjustable passenger seat, Aluminium Roof Rails, Aluminium Finish Electric Folding Mirrors, Aluminium Finish Front Honeycomb Grill, Aluminium Finish Door Mouldings and Rear Bumper Insert, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, ESP Electronic Stability Program, Traction Control, ABS, Quadra-Drive 2 4WD For all driving Conditions, Front Fog Lights, Information Computer, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, Twin Front and Side Airbags, Remote Central Locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Electric Windows, Split Opening Rear Tailgate Window, Dual zone air conditioning/Heating, Heated Front seats, Thatcham category 1 alarm & immobiliser, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Tow Bar and Electrics, Parrot Hands Free phone system, Professionally Waxoyled (RustMaster in UK) on 24/05/2015, The vehicle is totally up to date with all recalls.

Only reason for sale is that since we purchased the car in 2013 we have only done 5K miles in it and it just sits in the barn. Any inspection welcome.

Tel: 0470 209504 or e-mail.

Post subject: Re: 2007 RHD Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:20 pm 

Question?
Who in their right mind would want right hand drive gas guzzler vehicle here let alone an American one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:04 pm 

Thousands of French people drive them and we have already seen a few right hand drive Jeep Grande Cherokees around here in the Allier. Just because it is not you cup of tea does not mean no one else wants one..... also the car is 75% Mercedes and is not a gas guzzler, I would like to bet it copuld compete fuel wise with a lot of older 1.6 and 2.0 ltr diesels..I would also like to see those cars tow 3.5 tons very easily...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:26 am 

I agree horses for courses and all that.But at 6.2 100k I'd still say a gas guzzler.
My Chelsea tank is a Renault Master dci 120 which I'm converting into a camping car, as economic as our Polo, at 110ks its 1000 revs lower and it will pull 3.5 if only my licence would let me, being over 70 and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am 

We had an Iveco Daily which was a nice van but not something we could drive paying clients around in and also all the Grand children did not like being locked in the back, so we got shot. We got a nice motor home when we purchased our last place in France, it was am American 32 footer and had a 6.5 ltr chevy engine and was brilliant with twin aircon, king sized bed and a massive side tent, had enough room for us and all the dogs...now that was a gas guzzler and 1,000 Euros a time to fill :shock: but worth it :-bd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 am 

Papibryn wrote:
My Chelsea tank is a Renault Master dci 120 which I'm converting into a camping car, as economic as our Polo, at 110ks its 1000 revs lower and it will pull 3.5 if only my licence would let me, being over 70 and all that.

Good Luck with that! I hired one to move some furniture. With a half load of furniture - so not heavy, and no trailer, I could not get it into 6th gear.

As for towing - 3500Kg behind a vehicle that weighs approx half that . . . enjoy! Having said that, the only specs I have found suggest it should only pull 2000Kg.

J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:37 am 

mlonghurst wrote:
We had an Iveco Daily which was a nice van but not something we could drive paying clients around in and also all the Grand children did not like being locked in the back, so we got shot. We got a nice motor home when we purchased our last place in France, it was am American 32 footer and had a 6.5 ltr chevy engine and was brilliant with twin aircon, king sized bed and a massive side tent, had enough room for us and all the dogs...now that was a gas guzzler and 1,000 Euros a time to fill :shock: but worth it :-bd

Obviously out of us poor pensioners league. we got rid of our VW Westfalia camper as it drunk far too much, advertised it on le bonne coin and people queued up to purchase it. a case of first come first got, a young chap drove over from high Alps over night and paid asking price.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:56 am 

VW Westfalia campers, in a league of their own, not surprised it sold quickly. :-bd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:38 pm 

niemeyjt wrote:
Papibryn wrote:

Good Luck with that! I hired one to move some furniture. With a half load of furniture - so not heavy, and no trailer, I could not get it into 6th gear.

As for towing - 3500Kg behind a vehicle that weighs approx half that . . . enjoy! Having said that, the only specs I have found suggest it should only pull 2000Kg.

J

All depends on the engine, the garage which sold me ours was a friend of a neighbour here and he had two in.
Don't touch one he said, the motor is rubbish, he was right as the other one pulls like a shire horse with a full load and scares the life out of me empty so much so that the wife has to keep an eye on our speed.
I didn't pull the heavy load it was the garagist just before we purchased it, a Massey 135.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:21 pm 

Papibryn wrote:
niemeyjt wrote:
Papibryn wrote:

J

All depends on the engine, the garage which sold me ours was a friend of a neighbour here and he had two in.
Don't touch one he said, the motor is rubbish, he was right as the other one pulls like a shire horse with a full load and scares the life out of me empty so much so that the wife has to keep an eye on our speed.
I didn't pull the heavy load it was the garagist just before we purchased it, a Massey 135.

But a 135 weighs less than half that - under 1700Kg. The gutless van I hired was a 120 - there may be a better engine.

J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:26 pm 

Sold: Vehicle was taken back to UK, re-registered onto its old UK plates and sold to the first viewer for £8700 (so over 11000 Euros) within 48 hours. So loads of Gas Guzzler lovers over there then :-bd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:12 am 

Well Done! I have to say it makes most sense to put it back onto UK / Irish plates to broaden its appeal.

J

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:29 pm 

Just in case anyone is interested, we discovered that the Jeep that we sold was resold 2 months later in Manchester for the sum of £13,000..... :((