It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Arts, Crafts and Plants again.... Tues 12th May
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 am 
Hi folks,

It's come around again quickly - or is it just that I've been so totally immersed in potting on (and potting), I've not noticed time fly...and haven't had time for much else.... falling exhausted into bed every night..... do sleep very well though!

It was another fabulous day last month, blessed with gorgeous weather they didn't forecast, and peopled by familiar friends and many new ones - four nationalities, many arts and crafts and 'some' plants - I suspect there will be more of these this time if mine are anything to go by - we've been incredibly lucky with our weather here this spring. Please bring whatever plants you have that're going spare, to swap.

Hiromi's blog (see link below) has a few photos of the last gathering for anyone interested. (as well as other interesting articles generally and some examples of her lovely paintings)

http://murasakiblog.wordpress.com

She has also kindly offered, that if anyone wishes to learn a little about oil painting on the day, she'd be happy to show them, so if it's something you've always wanted to try - now's your chance!

We really hope to see you on Tuesday 12th May, between 10am and 5pm. Lunch this time will be a summer buffet instead of soup. So - if you'd like to be here over lunchtime, please bring something (edible!) to put on the table to share. For directions and further information please pm me.

Post subject: Re: Arts, Crafts and Plants again.... Tues 12th May
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:21 pm 

Got back to Jura late Sunday 10th - so missed your wonderful swap again! Will try next month - looking forward to it greatly in advance! Salutations. Odile (Swiss Jura)