It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Amazon customer service
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:23 pm 

Chronopost mislaid a one-day delivery order I placed with Amazon on Monday and I cannot fault the service I received from Amazon when I told them it hadn't arrived.
I don't normally go for paid delivery, but I needed this Firewire cable urgently to check the hard disk of my sick desktop, so for 9€90 I opted for it.
We're rural, so I allowed until lunchtime the next day (and anyway I was too busy before) to contact Amazon.
I found a service buried in their website whereby THEY ring you at a specified time. I asked for an immediate call back and got it, with a v helpful chap at the other end. He put me on hold while he contacted Chronopost who swore blind it was on the van (ha ha) for delivery by 18h, then he set up my re-imbursement for the delivery charge. Email confirmation followed.
At 18h05 I was back with Amazon, different person, v polite, and she clearly gave Chronopost a rocket as they finally found the tiny packet in the van/in the warehouse and delivered it today. I emailed confirmation that all was OK with the contents and got a sweet non-compter-generated reply from the lady.
Five star people, this time, and so worth mentioning - it' all too easy just to gripe.

Post subject: Re: Amazon customer service
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:48 pm 

Nice to have a story like that.

My experience with Chronopost (Chronolost more like) is equally dire. Phone call early on Friday morning, "We have your package but I am not coming to the village today. I can leave it at the local pick up point or deliver on Monday" . I opted for the local pick up point (22km round trip away), since I know from experience there would be a good chance they would not be coming to our village on Monday either.

What really got my goat however was the tracking which shoed they had tried to make delivery but no one was in!!

So yes great service from Amazon.

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:03 pm 

Amazon customer service-excellent! 100% agree. :ymapplause:

I.C.U...............Jimmy........20/20 vision.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Agree - excellent customer service from Amazon :-bd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:21 am 

+ 1
I too had a Chronopost delivery this week from Amazon: 3 hours later than they advised, but better than the last (non) delivery when the driver rang at midday - we all know what that implies - to say that he was 10 kms away after being "unable to find us". He just happened at that moment to be at a Chronopost 'relai', and would I mind collecting from there? I minded very much and told him so but the packet contained urgent documents for certifying so I had little choice.
My Disgusted of Limousin email to Chronopost was unanswered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:02 am 

I had a delivery problem with chronopost and I complained through their Facebook page. Worked out well..the delivery agent remembered what house she had mistakenly left it at and we were able to retrieve it. I don't mind picking up from the relay, which in this instance is our local post office.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 am 

Amazon 10/10 chronopost 0.

I have yet to receive a delivery when they are involved, it's always left at a post office in a nearby town, excuse couldn't find our address.
That's both here and back in the Lot. They will never deliver to Lieu Dit.

Amazon's own delivery van drivers NEVER have any problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 am 
Site Admin

I can't say we have ever had a problem with Chronopost, even where we lived before, unlike DHL X(
We've been to the relai near St Malo when the parcels were too big for the letterbox and we were out at the time of delivery. There was a nice ambiance at the relai, with smiley faces behind the counter :-bd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:01 am 

Yes, Papi, amazing isn't it? Chronopost is part of La Poste after all, and should be able to find their way around.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:46 am 

Chronopost are normally no problem, from Cahors depot it's all sub-contractors in tatty white vans who are good lads. This is the first parcel that's been lost for us, and we have a lot of stuff from them incl my mutts favourite regular LARGE delivery of croquettes.

AND..... the hard disk on my sick Mac is OK :) :) :) and I can work again a bit steam-driven via the old machine :) :)
Now the next fight is to get the guarantee to work on the repair needed.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Since the delivery vans are more than likely equipped with GPS, I don't think there is any excuse for "not being able to find the address".

Liz - my Mac is so worn out I can't read half the keys (just as well I touch-type !) and there are no longer updates on things like Safari ergo problems on many sites.
Which OSX version do you have ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Blaze wrote:
Since the delivery vans are more than likely equipped with GPS, I don't think there is any excuse for "not being able to find the address".

We've only had street names and house numbers for 2-3 years - I don't think the GPS people know about them yet!

That said our deliveries these days are pretty reliable - we have Amazon Prime and have deliveries 2-3 times a week at least. You soon get to know the guys (and occasional girl) who do the deliveries for the various companies and subcontractors. Tips at Christmas help ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:48 pm 
Amazon does what it says on the tin as far as I am concerned. Not had a problem with any deliveries. They tell me the day they are coming, then on the day, the hour or hours. John Lewis, M&S fr, Boots, Batterie Megastore and Holland and Barratt are not too shabby either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:56 pm 

Don't know about Chronopost but DHL are crap. Once before they came to the village 3 times but failed to deliver. Bad enough but each lying excuse was different from the others.

So this time when they said on the Tuesday that the delivery (of my 2nd hand temporary gearbox), due for that day would be delivered on the Friday, I had my doubts.

When I heard nothing from the mechano that it had arrived on the Friday I got a lift over there to find it dumped outside his gate. DHL swore blind that it had been there since the Tuesday. X( .

The mechano is no better, he said at first it had been delivered that day but they didn't know about it (nobody had come in to demand the signature that DHL said they got but couldn't produce) but then changed his tune and said it came the night before. Either way he didn't start working on it till the next day. X( X(

http://longdistancedogdiary.weebly.com/index.html - Transporting dogs, anywhere

The Phoenix Association - dedicated to caring for lost and abandoned animals