It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lunettes Progressive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:27 am 

How did you get on Bayleaf?

On my varifocals it seems they supplied a varifocal plano lens in the right eye and not a single vision plano so it was distorting the image at the reading area towards the bottom of the lens. Should have them back by middle of next week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Collecting the new, amended ones today ..... will let you know later! :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Fingers crossed, Bayleaf !

I'm just back from the UK where I called in on Specsavers who told me that my glasses are Pentax optical glass which pleased me enormously (I'm a Pentax camera user) !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:21 am 

Blaze wrote:
Fingers crossed, Bayleaf !

I'm just back from the UK where I called in on Specsavers who told me that my glasses are Pentax optical glass which pleased me enormously (I'm a Pentax camera user) !

Absolutely fabulous darling....so if you changed to Nikon lenses presumably a Nikon camera would follow ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Tee hee, but of course, Sweetie :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:03 am 
Site Admin

New glasses on and being road-tested! :lol: I seemed to get slightly more thorough attention from the shop assistant this time - I even got the special card giving the details for each eye, and a posh bag for putting everything in! :ymsmug:

They're heaps better than the varifocals - there's still a small area of distortion on the far right side, but that's normal apparently. At least I don't feel I have to move my head to read.

I'll be breaking them in slowly, and hope that it might reduce eye-strain migraines. :YMPRAY:

The right lens is the plane one, and as I only read out of my left eye, the right one shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous. (-|

Good luck getting yours sorted, Teapot! %%-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Sounds as if things are improving, Bayleaf - hope the new ones make a difference.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:54 am 

Bayleaf wrote:
New glasses on and being road-tested! :lol: I seemed to get slightly more thorough attention from the shop assistant this time - I even got the special card giving the details for each eye, and a posh bag for putting everything in! :ymsmug:

They're heaps better than the varifocals - there's still a small area of distortion on the far right side, but that's normal apparently. At least I don't feel I have to move my head to read.

I'll be breaking them in slowly, and hope that it might reduce eye-strain migraines. :YMPRAY:

The right lens is the plane one, and as I only read out of my left eye, the right one shouldn't be doing anything too strenuous. (-|

Good luck getting yours sorted, Teapot! %%-

Ditto, varifocals back after plano lens replacement. Definite improvement but I will have to get used to them a bit more (again) back with my single focus to type this although I could just manage to do that with the vari's
I noticed when driving that the vision is good for distance and if I move my head, rather than my eyes the speedo isn't fully in focus so need to act normally just moving the eyes to get a sharp speedo image.

Tried the computer and its tricky to get it all in focus, the difference seems to be the height which I am sitting at, in the car I seem to be looking downward through the lens but at the PC the monitor is at a higher level than the speedo would be and it's quite tricky to get it in focus and keep it that way. I wondered if that was a similar issue for you Bayleaf?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:36 am 
Site Admin

I don't need specs for driving, so that's not an issue. The new glasses are good, but looking at a bigger monitor, I still have to turn my head slightly to get the right hand side in focus. For books and smaller screens it's fine. The assistant did say I need to make sure the glasses are in the correct position on my nose (I got used to having the old pharmacy-bought ones low to look over them).

Trial and error I guess. I'm kind of, of the school of thought that the more I wear glasses, to quicker my eyes will deteriorate, so I use them for the minimum possible.

Sometimes life looks a better with fuzzy edges! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:28 am 

Well wearing my glasses less may according to your hunch make my eyes last longer but it definitely wouldn't make my car last :o :shock: :o :-s

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:30 am 
Site Admin

:lol: