It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Good morning, I'm here!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am 

Morning, I'm Maona (say it Mona, as in Lisa). I'm 9 weeks old, was born at the guide dog breeding centre up near Clermont Ferrand and me and one of my bros (Mum had 12 pups!) went to some place called Mérignac on Friday, got cuddled lots, then I came East and I'm living with Liz, Fixit and my new Auntie Bérénice. That's us in the bar on Friday night.
Attachment:
bar2.jpg
Attachment:
P2030049.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Good morning, I'm here!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Gorgeous ♥️
She's big for 9 weeks but looks as if she's settled in nicely !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 am 

Yes, a solid 9 kilos ! Très branché sur la nourriture, she takes around 25 seconds to hoover up her meals.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 am 

She is beautiful, enjoy training her, Liz.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 pm 

Aaaaaw.... :O3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm 

liz wrote:
she takes around 25 seconds to hoover up her meals.

Purebred Labrador then! She looks lovely. Have fun!

J

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 pm 

She's beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:13 pm 

How gorgeous is she
My local Sainsbury's had guide dogs as their charity last year, and back in summer brought their sponsored pups in. I wasn't the only one watching with a tear in my eye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:37 pm 

Oh she is absolutely stunning - so cuddly! :O3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:42 pm 

Thanks for the compliments, all! Actually I'm a complete hooligan. Auntie B has taken to going collarless indoors as I've found it a very useful device when attacking her.
This afternoon I had to go in the back of the Kangoo (didn't like that, couldn't see out of the windows unless I stood on my hind legs and then I kept falling over on the bends).
I'm only 4 days out of the nursery and I had to have a training session in Agen with SWMBO, our supervisor Marie-Claire. She's very strict, I wasn't allowed to chase pigeons or jump up at people. Still, I impressed her with my self-confidence in the multi-storey car park, in the glass lift and just walking about on the lead (except for the pigeons). She's upped my rations a tad, yippee.
I fell asleep in the Kangoo going home, so back indoors I had plenty of energy and Auntie B got very cross and told me if I didn't behave she'd bite me harder than I nip her.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:24 pm 

Lovely

I am going to look forward to this saga unfolding.

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:40 pm 

Beautiful puppy. :O3

I.C.U...............Jimmy........20/20 vision.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:08 pm 

Well Andy thank you for asking, things are going OK after a week here now. Except I haven't been here for a week. On Wednesday morning she put me in that damn Kangoo again & drove up over the hill and down into the next valley. I complained all the way - I can't see out unless I have Auntie B to stand on. Then we got to Jenny's house (she'd cuddled me all the way home from Bordeaux) and I met my new bestest friend Hattie who's 4 and lots of fun. I slept in her bed with her.
Attachment:
IMG_0743.jpg

They collected me on Friday. Fixit was grumpy and in the afternoon Liz packed me and Aunty B into a much nicer car where I can see out unaided, and we followed Fixit and the Kangoo to The Garage, and Fixit came home with us. Oh good I thought, that's the end of the Kangoo. No, we collected it the next day, which made Fixit happier 'cept for something called The Bill which is to follow....
I've been right naughty all day today, there's this mad wind blowing and it's send me nutty!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

What a gorgeous photo ♥️

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: Loving this doggy view of the world! What a bundle of mischief you are Maona! Looking forward to hearing more! :O3

Nice one Liz! :-bd I sense a book coming on ....!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:49 pm 

Brilliant updates Liz. Keep them coming.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:45 pm 

Another week gone, and quite interesting too. Last weekend we had the awful Vent d'Autan blowing a gale, which quite upset me. Liz says that's normal. I didn't feel right at all so I didn't have to do any training.
Then it all went calm, but I couldn't play in the garden on Tuesday as there was a big black car there, and A Man in the garage (I have to go through our garage to get to the garden) with lots of interesting looking equipment I would have liked to investigate, like whirry boxes and chewable cables and cameras. Fixit said he was Numerising my favourite car (the one with the see-around windows) so he can make a model of it. It's all very Hush Hush so I can't tell you any more. I'm not sure he was French, he didn't stop for lunch, not even a sandwich. I always have lunch.
Wednesday Liz took me to Agen again in that damn Kangoo. Liz said there were umpteen telegragh poles blown down all along the road, but I couldn't see them of course. I was OK on the way until I finished my chewbone, then I got bored and whinged.
In Agen we had a lovely walk in warm sunshine with Marie-Claire, who thought I was brilliant and very calm despite the traffic etc. Gold star, that's me. I slept all the way home.
Thursday I was very tired. Then Friday we went to a market where there were lots of people who thought I was very cute and I got another gold star for my coolness along the main road (lorries & cars & things, & narrow pavements), my patience in the Post Office and all.
Yesterday we repeated Lift Training, why any mutt would be scared of a Lift I don't know) and I met some new canine friends for afternoon playtime.
This morning we went in the nice car to join lots of other old cars and bikes in a car park. There were HUNDREDS of people including a lots of very small ones, some of whom were scared of me and screamed when they saw me. Aunty B said to ignore them, they're silly so I did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:40 pm 

Well I've been too busy for a while to ask Liz to post for me. I've done Agility: what's not to like? A human places bikkies into a tunnel or on to a ramp thing, another human tempts you further so of course you go along to get them, nothing to be scared of. Just like those moving walkway thingies in car parks, they save your paws a few meters walk.
Agen's really nice, lots of things to watch and I've been to the station and on to a train, but it didn't go anywhere. And I've been on a bus in Cahors, and walked over the big fountain there on on a grill-like thing like fencing, only flat.
Liz has been saying that's she's all behind with gardening so Aunty B said this evening the football's not bery interesting so why don't we look at that patch of bare earth, and maybe do a soil examination. She looked, I dug.
Attachment:
Pgardening.jpg
Attachment:
Psoiltesting.jpg

Attachment:
Psupervisor.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

Wonderful Labrador position, nose down a hole, bum in the air ! Great piccies !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 pm 

Ah Ha.

Getting your weeding done on the black (or is that white) by a non-tax paying individual, instead of employing a French gardener. Zoot Alors.

For every problem there is a solution that is simple, quick ..............and wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am 

She's coming on so well!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm 

Well today I had a hip bath! Very strange, we got home from walkies off lead and Liz went straight to the garage tap (not unlocking the door up to the house), filled a bucket, got a sponge and dumped each of my back legs in turn in the bucket and scrubbed... then hauled me out, changed the water and repeated the operation. Aunty B looked on mockingly. Apparently that's what happens when you wallow in mud. Somehow I'd kept my front paws fairly clean so they only got a single dunk.
BTW, I watched the TGV pull into Agen station last Thursday, it's a very long train isn't it? And someone ought to oil the brakes, they squeak a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Bet the water was cold ! But it sounds as if you were much better behaved than Bimbo - she wriggles and tries to jump out !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:37 pm 

Well! What with that parcel sitting in a plateforme-colis (see another thread by Liz) she & Fixit were footling around in the Kangoo yesterday... and today when I hopped in I found something new to chew: a thick wiry thingy attached to a loop in the floor with a clip like on a lead on t'other end. So that's what she bought in the Brico when she didn't take me in. Hid it from me, didn't she? Before I knew it the clip WAS ON MY COLLAR. WHATTTT! Now I can't get over on to the back seat and get comfy, nor crawl through into the front and get cozy with the gear lever.
Aunty B said she was watching Liz on Amazon last Tuesday and she thinks the colis is a Dog Guard a bit like what's in the other car, and that the wiry thing is 'temporary' but Aunty B likes it as she can get far enough away from me so that I can't sit on her head.
I'm not looking forward to driving to Bordeaux on Monday attached to that, think I'll bark and whine all the way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:33 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 am 
Site Admin

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am 

I've had my ears cleaned this morning and Liz has been writing up her monthly report on my behaviour :( .
Apparently I'm Not Coming Home from Bordeaux tomorrow, I'm going to be checked up by our supervisor in her house until Friday. Oh dear. I'm bound to get into trouble (or into her bed if she leaves the bedroom door open :) )
Off for our Sunday apéro now, in the bar across the road. I'm good in bars, I've had lots of practice with Fixit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:56 am 
Site Admin

:lol: Sounds as if you're having fun, Maona !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 am 

I didn't bark all the way to Bordeaux attached to that wiry lead in the back, but I did really try to get over the back seat but decided being strangled wasn't worth it (Liz did pull in to one of those emergency bays on the autoroute to check on me, when I was really trying).
I saw the osteopath Monday morning. He's a nice man really, I don't know why I struggled so much last time I saw him but then I was only little. He thought I am much calmer now, but thinks I still need a firm hand. Hmm. Anyway, he straightened me out a bit and now my right back leg doesn't kick out when I run.
I had a nice few days at my supervisor's house. She's got a big box of toys I could play with, but a lot of things are NON just like at home. Beds, shoes, paws on the worktops, that sort of thing.
I enjoyed several trips into Bordeaux, what a busy place. There are staircases that move! I saw the TGV at the station, the other puppy with us was scared but what of? It's a train, innit? And he was scared of the huge multi-coloured cow in the Marché des Capucins. Such a wimp, but then he's a boy.
Spent Friday morning playing in kennels while Liz & AuntyB were in a meeting, then we all came home together. I wasn't attached, but I see there's a new grille thing. I was too tired to try to get over it, I slept all the way home.
Saturday I attended an Inauguration of a new public garden. Too many speeches, I fell asleep. It's a nice place, but AuntyB says that now it's a garden not a wilderness we mustn't use it as a poo-stop on the way down to Liz's Mum.
Had a super long walk in the afternoon up in the woods with our friends Freda & Lily. We ran for miles (AuntyB & Liz strolled), dived into muddy ponds and had a great time. Nobody but us about, lovely!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:32 pm 

lovely indeed

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 pm 

I'm In Trouble, Fixit has just found me in the courtyard with one of his now much-modified slippers. Oh dear, things were going so well, Liz said I was excellent in Cahors yesterday and out again this morning in a busy market :(

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like you're a typical Lab - chewing things is such fun !!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:16 pm 

So long as it's something as cheap as my old slippers.....but as her last teeth are coming through we're hoping things will improve. Anyway, Sunday night to Tuesday evening she's staying with friends as we are going to see Simple Minds in concert in Bordeaux. Her AuntyB is staying with different friends so she can have a couple of peaceful days.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:48 pm 

:p She is just so adorable, and looks so cuddly, that she would be forgiven anything ... :-*

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:11 pm 

I'm not sure after the two massive holes she's dug in the new bed yesterday and today!